Thursday, May 18, 2006

Actually, not everyone is doing it

I have started to tell people that I now have a blog. To say the least, the reaction is mixed. Some people hardly even know what a blog is. Can you believe it? It feels like I have entered an underworld. Will I find out more that I don't know about blogging?

I am taking a trip to Dallas next week for work. I look forward to it, actually. I get to interact with clients and co-workers. I miss that aspect of my job since working from home. I far prefer a domestic, one-week trip to a two-week trip to Venezuela. I will be perfectly content if I NEVER have to go there again. My last trip was by far the worst when I had to go to El Tigre, Venezuela. It is the MIDDLE of NOWHERE, Venezuela. Couple that with the fact that Venezuela is not always known for its safety, and it makes it the worst place I've ever been on this earth. But the people are VERY friendly.

I started reading Light on Snow by Anita Shreve--recommended by jennifer. I can already tell it is a good one.

The rain is coming down and it looks refreshing to me. It is as if the freshly budding trees and flowers are soaking it up for nourishment. I felt that way in therapy today. I realize that my blog just took a sharp turn to the personal. It was like a fresh rain to nourish me. I hadn't been in a few weeks and it was so nice to catch up and check in. I am not going to go again for 6 weeks because it appears as though everything is going pretty well for me right now. I feel ages better than I did a year ago at this time (even though I knew I'd be moving to Rochester at this time last year). It is amazing what a year of family, security, support and home has done for me. I look forward to more growth and love. I feel so blessed.

So, I hope that as my non-blogging friends read this, that they become enchanted with blogging like I have. It is a journal that can't be beat. I need to start doing some pics of Owen. Next on the list...

1 comment:

DD said...

Glad you stopped by earlier. It looks like either you took an extended hiatus (1st post from 2003) or you worked out the date thing from the default.

There's still kind of a weird stigama attached to blogging (it's for teens or creeps), but it really makes me feel as if I have a voice outside of my work/family.